Panic Away VS. The Linden Method

In this post, I want to compare two products that I found to be helpful. However, one of them was very helpful while the other one only slightly. The way I look at it is that any help is worth the money but then again, if you can get all the help you need (or most) from one program it sure isn't a bad idea to save some money.

My first attempt at downloading a program was Joe Barry's Panic Away. The advice was good for helping me deal with the panic attacks directly but did little for the general anxiety (feeling anxious from dawn till dusk). Panic Away comes with an e-book that is about 151 pages. It does a pretty good job of describing what anxiety is and the different types of anxiety. His method is then summed up in a 7 minute recording called "One Move", where he helps you deal with a panic attack while it is happening. It also comes with a year of counseling (phone in or email). This is all very helpful, but for me, it wasn't enough. I need to mention at this point that I got an email from Joe telling me that he has updated his program. It is now much more expensive but it comes with a "real" book and CDs. I think he is trying to tackle the issues missing from his first program.

Recently, while searching the internet in the middle of the night, I came across the Linden Method. Of course, both programs tackle the issue of what anxiety is but the Linden program also has a long section of Charles Linden's experience with anxiety. It is a fascenating story, filled with anguish and hope. He was very brave to tell so much about himself, it is very personal. The difference between the two programs is that while the e-books are somewhat similar, Charles included the wonderful biography and his Nine Pillar plan along with many other helpful suggestions to help with general anxiety (along with several other anxiety problems like PTSD and Obsessive Combpulsive Dissorders). He also has included several recordings. There is an interview and an introduction. He has also included a visualization recording and several guided meditations as well as an excercise program featuring Qui Gong. I found the Linden Method very comprehensive and effective. I highly recommend it!

I am going to wait and see what Joe Barry does with his new program. Who knows, it might be wonderful.

Note: I am not associated with either of these programs and have not received any compensation for using their products or for mentioning them. Good luck to all searching for help for their anxiety.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, nice post!

I've also found another blog that is talking about the Panic Away program and Linden Method.

Check it out here:
Panic Away vs Linden Method - unbiased comparison
Anonymous said…
yea...thanks..its hard to find independent reviews, there are a few blogs out there that seem independent - but are really just a bug ad... cheers.
Anonymous said…
yea...thanks..its hard to find independent reviews, there are a few blogs out there that seem independent - but are really just a bug ad... cheers.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the unbiased view.I spent $300 on the Linden method and it was a total waste.Virtually it says go and face it even if you are almost passing out in the street but didn't tell you how to stop the panic.I'm not going to waste more cash on Panic Away.If I found a cure like these guys supposedly have,I would share it with the world..for FREE!
Anonymous said…
yes i also feel the same if anyone had really found out any such method after going through such a pain and hell nobody would want others feeling the same. on the other side these people are now taking the advantage of vulnerability of such people and advertising it so that they could fill their own pockets.an example of it is if you search for the linden method scam you would find praise of himself you would find all these gimmicks playing around
roger said…
Both websites say they give you your money back. Were you able to get your money back?
Unknown said…
I suffer from obsessive intrusive thoughts what would be the better program Panic Away or The Charles Linden Method?
Tim said…
I bought both products many years ago and although there very helpful I continued to suffer panic attacks. I think there good programs its just that each person is unique and you really a tailor made program. I think most people expect some miracle cure when really its all about looking after oneself and CBT.
Anonymous said…
I never ever read such type of info before this was really incredible. social anxiety treatment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Relaxation Music

Dr. Albert Ellis on Five Unrealistic Desires or Beliefs