The Mind-killer

I was speaking with my sister recently when I remembered a class I attended where it was said that the Buddha taught that some people are born (or develop the capacity to absorb or experience) pain or fear for another person.  I like that idea.  I like that my fear might be a good thing, that I might be helping someone else by processing my fear or pain.

My technique for dealing with fear is to let it pass through me (like in the movie "Dune", "fear is the mind-killer...").  I surrender to fear and let it wash over me.  For me, it feels like I am opening up my chest and letting fear in.  Resistance to the fear is what causes it to escalate.  Resistance can certainly cause suffering, all by itself.  I find that by surrendering/accepting fear, I am much more present.  I am much more "in the moment" than I have ever been before.

I say bring it on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Relaxation Music

Panic Away VS. The Linden Method

Dr. Albert Ellis on Five Unrealistic Desires or Beliefs