My Spiritual Path


Love.  Love is my spiritual path.  It started years ago after reading a book called, "Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It", By Kamal Ravikant.  It is a short and inexpensive book that I downloaded from Amazon.com.  This book might change your life, I know it changed mine.

 

The book suggests a few things like chanting "I love myself", over and over again.  Of course I resisted it.  I thought I could come up with something more clever and personal to me like "I am love" or "The Universe loves me", or even "Love, Love, Love".  These thoughts kept me from repeating the mantra like I was supposed to.  I simply couldn't decide on one.  

 

Instead of chanting I found myself thinking about self-love.  I mean, what would that look like?  I found myself asking lots of questions like:

 

Is this food loving for my body?  Is being with this person a loving experience for me?  Is thinking this thought a loving act?  These questions were profound and kept me moving in a more loving direction but I didn't really experience the miracles that Kamal Ravikant described in his book.  It is funny how some people have left my life after starting this path.  However, things didn't really start to change for me until I started chanting "I love myself".

 

I found the chanting difficult at first until I incorporated a mala into the practice.  The mala helps keep me focused and I am able to chant as long as I want because of physical activity of touching the beads one at a time occupies my subconscious mind.  Kamal suggests that you keep chanting whether you feel anything or not and I agree.  You only have to show up and chant.  You don't need to hold anything in your mind or visualize anything.  Kamal chants in the shower and when he is shaving.  He says he even chants when he is on a date.  All you have to do is chant either silently to yourself or out loud "I love myself".  He promises that if you will do that, miracles will happen.

 

 I have heard that the Universe is love and that it is just waiting to shower us with love at all times.  The problem is that we don't feel loving or that we deserve to be loved.  That is why we don't experience the showering of love.  We don't experience it because it isn't our reality.  We expect life to be difficult and hard.  The inside doesn't match the outside.  Our negative thoughts keeps us from experiencing the love and miracles that the Universe wants for us!  By chanting "I love myself", we raise our vibrations, our energy, so that we are more in alignment with pure love.  By chanting, our inner reality will match the outer reality of love.  This is how to experience the love that is being showered down upon us from the Divine.  This is how to experience miracles!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Relaxation Music

Panic Away VS. The Linden Method

Dr. Albert Ellis on Five Unrealistic Desires or Beliefs