June 14, 2015

It has been years since I have posted anything on this blog and I feel badly about that.  Fear is a difficult issue to deal with and from my current perspective, one that must be dealt with in a loving manner.  I see people everywhere experiencing fear (and other very destructive emotions).  When you are experiencing fear it is because you are perceiving an illusion.  You think you are separate from God (your higher power, the universe, whatever you choose to call it)...which is really impossible.  This is all explained in great detail in a wonderful book called A Course in Miracles.  I have found A Course in Miracles to be infinitely helpful in my spiritual growth and I cannot recommend it highly enough!

http://www.acim.org/  A Course in Miracles, Foundation for Inner Peace

https://www.facim.org/  Foundation for a Course in Miracles.  This is Gloria and Kenneth Wapnick's website

The above are just two of the many websites devoted to this amazing book.  At first glance it seems very Christian (for me this is not a selling point as I lean toward the Buddhist side of things) however it isn't.  In fact, it is channeled material.  The language is very Christian but you must look past that to the message.  I am astounded that years ago, when I first started reading ACIM, I put it down because of the language.  Today, I can't get enough!  It is so refreshing and comforting.  If you haven't encountered this amazing information before, maybe it is now time to search it out? 

I would also like to recommend the "original version" of the book, which is only slightly edited.  The Foundation for Inner Peace version is heavily edited, not that it diminishes the message but the original edition, to me, feels more complete and clear.

I would also like to recommend any of the work of Marianne Williamson: 

http://marianne.com/

Marianne has made it her life's mission to clarify A Course In Miracles, which can be very dense.  I personally would never miss one of the Monday night "Livestream" events which are free.  She is an AMAZING speaker and I am always moved by her talks. 

If  you have found this blog because you are suffering from fear please know that it can be a beautiful thing.  It is hard to see while in the midst of it.  Know that there are many people in the world that have gone through what you are going through and survived.  Like a lump of coal under pressure becomes a diamond, you are transforming into a different person and fear is simply the symptom of the transformation.  Soon, you will be a butterfly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Relaxation Music

Panic Away VS. The Linden Method

Dr. Albert Ellis on Five Unrealistic Desires or Beliefs